will.i.am launched BEP360, an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch app that immerses fans in a 360 degree universe of the legendary music group. Featuring the world's first 360-degree view music video, BEP360 features the song "The Time."
BEP360 is the first release from will.i.apps, will.i.am's new digital media production entity dedicated to pioneering and producing application-based entertainment experiences. BEP360 is the first in a line of upcoming applications that will converge the worlds of creativity, music and advanced digital technologies.
Thirty years after the first music video aired on MTV, the will.i.apps team has reinvented how fans can be further immersed in the world of their favorite artists by pointing and swinging an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad around a 360-degree axis that then changes the point of view. An entirely new form of music video, BEP360 uses digital teleportation to take fans deeper inside the world of The Black Eyed Peas.
"will.i.apps and the BEP360 app have been established to help artists tap into the potential of our hyper-connected mobile world and bring fans deeper inside the music far beyond a four minute audio recording. It's a unique and completely new way to experience 360 degree music immersion that will bring artists and fans closer together," said will.i.am.
Key Features of BEP360
- Point iPad, iPhone and iPod touch device at the cover artwork of the band's latest album, The Beginning and watch augmented reality take form with BEP avatars dancing to the beat
- Direct a virtual photo session with Fergie, will.i.am, apl.de.ap & Taboo allowing users to capture their own shots and share them.
- Stay up to date on everything about the Peas via an aggregated Twitter feed
- Play an addictive Peas-inspired puzzle game
- View pictures and comments posted by other BEP360 app users on a virtual earth