The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) Branding Department at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) announced the spring 2011 season of the popular cultural podcast Design Matters. Hosted by design champion and chair of the MPS Branding Department Debbie Millman, Design Matters brings thought-provoking conversations with leaders in design and culture to the public at no charge. The new season begins at 2pm on Friday, February 4 with author and journalist Rob Walker who writes the "Consumed" column for The New York Times.
Design Matters is recorded in front of a live student audience at The Branding Studio at SVA. Upcoming guests include:
- Gail Anderson, designer, educator, and former creative director of design at SpotCo;
- Kate Betts, fashion journalist, contributing editor at TIME magazine, and columnist for The Daily Beast;
- Grace Bonney, writer and editor-in-chief of Design*Sponge;
- Dominique Browning, writer, editor, and former editor-in-chief of House & Garden;
- Jonathan Ford, designer and co-founding partner of Pearlfisher;
- Kalle Lasn, founder of Adbusters;
- Jonah Lehrer, contributing editor at Wired and author of How We Decide (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2007) and Proust Was a Neuroscientist (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2009);
- Eddie Opara, interactive and graphic designer and new partner at Pentagram; and
- Alina Wheeler, brand consultant, designer, and author of Designing Brand Identity (Wiley, 2009).
Design Matters is a thought-provoking cultural podcast which profiles industry-leading graphic designers, change agents, artists, writers and educators.