The Society for Environmental Graphic Design announced the appointment of seven new members to its international Board of Directors. Amy Lukas, principal of Infinite Scale (Salt Lake City) and a board member since 2007, is the new board president, succeeding Wayne McCutcheon, principal of Entro Communications (Toronto).
New board members include:
- Patrick Angelel, principal, CREO Industrial Arts (Everett, Wash.)
- Sander Baumann, principal, designworkplan (Amsterdam)
- Moira Gemmill, director of design, Victoria & Albert Museum (London)
- Dan Moalli, vice president, Design and Production Inc. (Lorton, Va.)
- Julie Vogel, principal, Kate Keating Associates (San Francisco)
- Leslie Wolke, principal, Leslie Wolke Consulting (Austin, Texas)
- Joe Zenas, CEO, Thinkwell Group (Burbank, Calif.)
"We're pleased to welcome an outstanding group of professionals to the SEGD Board of Directors and we look forward to the creative energy that Amy Lukas will bring as Board President," commented Jessica W. London, SEGD CEO.
The current SEGD Board is the most diverse in the organization's history, London added. "We are represented by a group that spans many design disciplines, includes both design firm and industry professionals, and also includes professionals from the client side. In addition, we've expanded international representation on the board to reflect our growing membership outside North America."
The 26-member board is led by a five-member Executive Committee including Amy Lukas; Past President Wayne McCutcheon; Treasurer Gary Stemler, archetype (Eagan, Minn.); Senior Vice President Jill Ayers, Design 360 (New York); and Vice President Ed Hofmann, Limited Brands (New York).