Autodesk has today released a new update for its digital painting and drawing app on the App Store. SketchBook 4.0 for iOS allows digital artists to leverage the full compute power of modern iOS devices, including GPU acceleration, with a revamped rendering engine.
The new version also features several new improvements that make a smoother, more convenient drawing experience and also enable larger canvas sizes, unlimited layers, a larger undo stack and more.
SketchBook 4.0 highlights include:
- Redesigned rendering engine
- Redesigned brush engine with brush texture and more than 60 new brushes
- Enhanced symmetry tools with 16-sector radial symmetry
- Algorithmic predictive stroke to create precise shapes, lines and curves
- New ruler and true ellipse guides
- Color adjustments for hue, saturation, and luminance with real-time preview
- Flip canvas, lock layer and an improved time lapse screen recording workflow
- UI updates including: Clean canvas with two-hand mode, Marking menu, Quick-access toolbar, Sliders for quick brush size & opacity adjustment on the brush menu, and Customizable color swatches stored on the layer editor