The Design Management Institute has announced a call for papers for its 20th DMI:Academic Design Management Conference (ADMC16). The conference hosts 5 conference tracks. Abstracts (500 words) are due March 1, 2016.
The theme of the conference is "Design at the Inflection Point" and addresses the role of design research in the advancement of design practice. The 5 tracks are:
1. Business: Design and Design Management for Economic Growth
Design research-led work for products, services, business models
2. Society: Design and Design Management for Social Innovation
Design research-led work for sustainability, justice, health and wellness
3. The Changing World: Design and Design Management in the Public Sector
Design research-led work for public sector services, government, education
4. Design, Leadership, and Organization Design
Design research surrounding internal processes in the area of design thinking, design management futures, and leadership.
5. Open Track for papers that do not directly fit themed tracks